Project management is the process of leading a team of people to achieve a specific objective. This objective can be as small as leading a special meeting, or it could mean that you are in charge of building a world-class stadium.
A project management degree teaches you how to manage different projects to achieve your goal effectively. Equipping you with the correct tools for the job. What are these tools that you need to be equipped with? The good project managers make use of the following tools to achieve success:
- Project Management Framework
- Evolution of Strategic Project Management
- Assessment of Project Management Competences
- Fundamentals of Agile Project Management
- Project Initiation and Planning
- Project Execution
- Project Control and Close Out
- Competence Development Roadmap
- A project management degree equips you with the tools mentioned above to effectively manage projects, but what does a project manager actually do?
What do Project Managers do?
Project managers are responsible for the overall success of the project that they are leading. They spend their time planning, organizing, securing, controlling, leading and managing project resources. Project managers need to determine when a project will start, what the project requirements are, and they need to ensure that the correct people are on board to complete the project. Why would you choose to be a project manager?
Reasons to Choose Project Management as a Career
With the right qualification behind your name, a project management career could be worthwhile. There are various reasons why project management is pursued as a professional career, including:
- Project management is applicable across various industries, and the same principles are applied to different scenarios.
- Project management is usually a highly paid position.
- There is a great demand for skilled project managers.
- You can find many career opportunities and advancements.
After finding out what project management is about and why you should consider the next steps, consider a project management qualification.
The Benefit of a Project Management Qualification
By obtaining a project management qualification yourself and the organization that you work for would benefit.
Benefit for You
Obtaining a project management qualification could hold a variety of benefits for you as induvial. These benefits include but are not limited to:
- The knowledge, skills, techniques and tools to successfully manage and deliver different projects.
- Improving your work profile through continuous learning.
- Enhanced career opportunities. A project management qualification is considered a differentiator during the recruitment process.
- Better mentorship through increased experience.
Benefit for the organization
When employees complete a project management qualification, it could have the following benefits for the organization:
- The employee will implement the knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques acquired during the course back into their work.
- Through employee growth and personal development, the company could benefit from increased employee appreciation and commitment.
- Improved employee capability and competence could assist in better project delivery. This could, in turn, lead to increased customer satisfaction, cost-saving, practical resource usage, and so much more.
- The implementation of best practices in the managing of internal organizational projects could lead to better overall management.
- Enhanced organizational credibility because of certified personnel.
There are benefits to you as an individual and your organization when you obtain a project management certification. The question now is, where do you start? Luckily for you, Institute Project Management Ireland has the answer with their Online Certified Project Management Diploma.
Online Certified Project Management Diploma
You don’t have to shop around or do additional research we have done the research on your behalf. In just 14 weeks, you will have an international professional body certification IPMA® and academic accreditation (NFQ level 8) behind your name. The best part of this all is that this course is delivered 100% online. You can attend weekly online classes or listen to the recorded classes if you are unable to attend.
Let’s quickly review, IPMA® was founded in 1965 in Zurich and is the world’s first International Project Management Association. IPMA® is recognized in over 70 countries and across 6 continents. With this accreditation behind your name, you will be internationally recognized as a knowledgeable and skilled project manager.
What are the benefits of the Online Certified Project Management Diploma?
The benefits of doing the Online Certified Project Management Diploma through the Institute of Project Management Ireland include:
- Flexibility, Comfort and Safety
We provide you with the ability to attend virtual classes from anywhere globally using any technology device, be it your cell phone, tablet or laptop. We bring the classes to your safe and comfortable environment. If you cannot attend a class, we provide you with the flexibility to listen to the class recordings.
- Virtual Instructor-led training = Real-Time Interaction
Our technology connects you and your instructor and peers in real-time. It feels as if you are in a classroom, just way more comfortable. We are focused on teaching you in a safe, comfortable environment.
- Never miss a class with easy access to Online Course Resources
Our learning management system will ensure that you never have to miss a class. Access your online course resources or attend a class using any device. Our system is easy to use. All you need is a connected device connected to the internet, a webcam and speakers, and a quiet corner where you can focus on the class at hand.
- Dedicated support from our faculty team
The dedicated members of our faculty at the Institute of Project Management Ireland will provide you with the support you need to complete your qualification successfully.
If you are a project manager or student that wants to take the next step towards your professional accreditation, then don’t hesitate any further. Contact us today and start your 14-week journey to success.