Negotiations for Project Success
As every project taken on by the project team requires some negotiation it pays to have a full understanding of the processes involved. The objective of this course is to show you how to work toward agreements where all parties are positive about the outcome.
Negotiation is an invaluable skill for project practitioners. Not only do you negotiate agreements with vendors and contractors, but you must effectively negotiate with stakeholders, customers and team members throughout the life of a project.
Negotiating for resources, scope modifications, design changes, extra funding and a host of other issues are part and parcel of the project manager’s normal routine.
To advance in the corporate world, management demands excellent negotiation skills. Improving your understanding of the negotiation process is essential to career advancement and superior performance.
- Understand the negotiation process
- Better utilise listening and questioning skills
- Recognise nonverbal cues within communication
- Practice using the process of negotiation planning
- Conduct a post negotiation self-assessment
- Deal with angry clients and tough negotiators
- Utilise negotiation best practices
- Avoid common negotiation pitfalls